Monday 14 February 2011

YEAH!!!

So YEAH!!! I gave the last touch and sort out bits and bops and pops and some spray can’s retouches and now I’m sitting in front of YEAH!!! at LCC’s media dept atrium. Pretty happy with it and setting it up was easier than I thought – got a moment of panic as the red speaker wasn’t really loud but it came out to be a faulty XLR cable.
It got a really good reception from the students passing by - some dancing and loads of pics and videos taken.
An MA student in photography took LOADS of pictures actually (both digital and film), and she said she’ll send me some prints – which is $%^&%* AMAZING!!!


It is a coincidence that today is Valentine’s Day, and I guess part of the audience might think it is linked to the occasion – should have made an heart-shaped speech bubble..


I already wrote about the piece, but I feel I need to say something more about the tape cassette itself. What I came up with is two different compositions –one using pure cut-ups from songs and the other manipulating the tracks with MAX/MSP patches and analog pedal effects-. I also decided to give lots of  ‘silence’ between the tracks, so that I could surprise the audience with some sudden (and really short) bursts of ‘yeahs’.
Oh!!! Last thing!! I used the cassette’s case to hold some biz cards..last minute idea. I love those rare moments..
ps for some reason the walkman is keen on grabbing the signal from the mobile phones around pretty LOUD!!! I'm really enjoying it actually!!!
ok..or better..YEAH!!!..signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment