Tuesday 7 June 2011

CANCAN and the death of the Butt Kickers

So here we go. The installation happened, and I enjoyed the opening really much. All the works of my classmates was really interesting and the audience seemed to be engaged and to interact with the installations - when this was wanted by the artists. Unfortunately I pushed the tactile transducer a bit too much and..well..KABOOM..taking down the piece as of this moment because the rain got through the container and I don't want to die electrocuted in a metal container only a week after the end of my degree..here some pics of the thing for posterity. special thanks to Philip Holmes for making the main structure and to Acme Bars -Indo Pub- for sponsoring part of it.It seemed that the crowd enjoyed the piece in spite of all the technical problems. The composition track had different responses, with some people really getting into it and other despising it for his socio-political contents - while working on a mixer and various cable connections I overheard some students calling the piece 'pretentious' and saying that my business cards are really good for making 'roaches'- which it is probably true, but I stopped smoking pot a long time ago (why?)..mm..anyway enjoy the pics..signing off..




No comments:

Post a Comment